- ⅓ cup Green peas
- ¾ cup Zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ lb Fresh asparagus, chopped or peeled lengthwise into ribbons
- ¾ lb Rigatoni
- 3 GoBio! Organic Genovese Pesto Cubes dissolved in 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Toasted slivered almonds for garnish
- Hemp seeds for garnish
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place the peas, zucchini and asparagus into a steamer basket and steam, covered, over the pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Plunge the vegetables into ice cold water to stop them cooking and retain their vibrant colour. Drain and set aside.
Add the pasta to the same pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Prepare the GoBio! Organic Pesto in the olive oil as directed on the package. Drain the pasta, reserving ¼ cup of the water. In a large serving bowl toss the rigatoni with enough of the prepared GoBio! Organic Pesto and reserved water to cover the pasta well. Add the steamed vegetables, mix to combine. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and top with slivered toasted almonds, hemp seeds, lemon zest and juice to taste. Serve immediately.